Friday, February 7, 2014

The Brain Finally Kicks In

It is not often that I have to think very long or hard about a theme or concept I want to do for a series.  But after the two latest major deadlines, I think my brain went on a short vacation!  But the time-out had the desired effect!!

In one of the online groups I belong to, we get to choose our own projects and create at least 6 pieces for the year.  Last year was the Pecan Series.  This year I'll be working from some favorites of my own photos taken of "distressed" barns.  I'm so excited to be doing this series. Anxious to get started.  Here are 3 of my most favorites that will definitely be on the list.  Now to choose the remaining 3 from the other gazillion barn photos in my collection!

When I was copying these photos to put into my inspiration file for this series, the names just came to me.

Patchwork
  
Coming Unhinged

Windswept

Now to get my studio at least cleaned up enough after the past several frantic months so I can begin!!

2 comments:

Wil said...

The man hole covers are back in the waiting room?

Unknown said...

Oh no. They are still alive and well...just awaiting some supplies. And I need to clean off my art table in the living room. That is where I cut the lino while watching TV. Needless to say, it seems to be a very convenient catch-all at the moment!