Saturday, July 7, 2012

And now for something a little different

While working away on a couple of art quilts (one of which will be posted tomorrow) I took a break and did several watercolor and ink. These are ATC size (2.5" X 3.5") and are inspired by several of my favorite photos I took of doors and windows and the bridge.

Crooked Little House
This little house used to sit at a local nursery. I'm glad I got the photo because it is no longer there.

Weathered Shed
This is a shed on a farm not far from where I live.

Missing Door
From a trip to Texas several years ago. In a very small town there was this very old shell of a building with several missing doors and windows.


Stone Arch Bridge
A landmark in Minneapolis its curved arches cross the Mississippi. Now a footbridge.


This is a new medium for me and I have to say...I'm begining to really enjoy it!

No comments: