Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Playing with Wil - Part 2

We had so much fun with discharge yesterday we decided to do some more today (after all, we found some new and different clothes pins that were crying out for some experimenting!!) Below is the fan folded Black Kona with the bleach starting to act on it.
This is the completed piece!!
Then I got out all my Twixits and we did some clipping with those and then discharged it.
I liked my knotted piece so much yesterday that I wanted to do a bunch more (I obviously forgot how difficult it was to untie the wet knots!!!) Same bleach, same Kona black and yet SOOOOOOOOO different that the strip I got yesterday. There was something going on that caused us to ask several questions and later today we did a test. I'll let Wil tell you all about that on her blog. Probably tomorrow check it out. Right now we are dead on our feet!!! She has already gone over to the house to take a break before dinner! But here are my strips from today!! Needless to say.....they will be put together in some form to make a quilt!!!
That's it for today, I'm beat and hopefully my husband will remember to bring home dinner!!

2 comments:

Dahn said...

You guys are having way too much fun! These discharge pieces just keep getting more and more interesting...
Dahn

Thelma said...

You guys are having way to much fun. They look great!