Monday, May 10, 2010

Nuturing Creativity - Week 19

Wow, another week already. Last week just disappeared in a whirlwind of reorganizing, cleaning, dusting, and generally trying to find a place for everything. Let's just say......you don't really want to peek into my garage! But hey, I can still at least park ONE car in there! That's an improvement. I've had the spring cleaning bug for months now but Wil's visit has prompted it into high gear. It has been difficult to keep things straightened up with 3-11 kids here on a regular basis. But they are learning to pick up after themselves (even the 2 and 3 year olds!). For the older kids......if I find stuff scattered where it shouldn't be.....it goes in the trash. You won't believe what a motivation that is!

Wil arrives on Wednesday. Given past experiences....I'm sure I'll have creative stuff to post later this week!!!

OK, so now for my creativity card for this week......

Recipe Book

At first I wasn't really thrilled about this book. It is generally a journal of images, etc. just because you like them. Something to inspire me in the cold days when no ideas are rattling around in this noggin' of mine. I keep many different journals of projects, pages, ideas, etc. But I do have a really cool little accordian book a friend sent me from China. I'm beginning to put stuff in there "just because". It is a bit different to make a journal/book of things just because I like them or feel like a certain color one day. Only problem I've found so far is that the paper is not watercolor friendly! So....I'll have to figure out another method for marking my pages and expanding on them. I'll think of something I'm sure.

No comments: