Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nuturing Creativity - Week 34 and NEW ATCs

I chose this card earlier and had planned to post it earlier but ended up with a weird week that vanished into thin air somehow!!

Anyway here it is:

Change Your Limitations

Work in another medium! Well, I think drawing experiments qualify for this one BIG TIME!  Oh, I haven't drawn my newest face yet.  BUT, I did sell some note cards so had enough to go to the art store and purchase some real sketching pencils and a pad!!  Now to get busy on that little past time!

Have completed a couple of ATCs this week and thought you might enjoy seeing them.  The first one is for the Birthday ATC swap for September birthdays and the other ones are for an Illuminated Alphabet swap.  I really enjoyed doing the research on that one. These are from historic manuscripts where they made rather ornate and interesting and larger first letters of the chapter, line, or page.  Had seen this technique before and found it very interesting but have never even THOUGHT about doing it myself.  Sounded like a fun way to get outside my comfort zone! The first swap is for A B C and D.

September is PIANO MONTH!!!  So here is the slightly blurry card for the September birthday people!!

Illuminated A, B, C and D






1 comment:

Wil said...

How did you make the cards?? Do I see yarn or utee?