Monday, April 12, 2010

Don't you love serendipity?? I do!! I just love the feeling of surprise and yet it seems like something that want MEANT to happen.

We spent the day with friends on Saturday. She brought something with her called "Tea Bag Folding". I had never even heard of it! So, she showed me some of the projects she was working on and then taught me how to do it! So much fun. Another relaxing, kind of therapeutic pasttime. Something while watching TV when I don't feel like doodling.

OK, so this morning when I logged on to the women's art group where I play sometimes, I found a new thread called Tea Bag Mandalas!!! NO WAY!! Yep, I checked it out and wouldn't you know...it is just what I learned only two days ago!! How cool is that?

Here are my first two attempts at this form of origami (from what I read). These two pieces are apx. 3" in diameter.

Mandala 1

Mandala 2

Something tells me these won't be the last ones. In fact, I just printed off a page of little squares to fold tonight. The color is purple, of course.

So do you see what I mean when I say I don't think I could ever run out of new things to play with or new techniques to try if I lived to be 100??? Oh, the only other thing to point out is that the next day...my poor fingers ached terribly! Using those muscles in a different way....never fails to be a bit painful! But I think worth it.

1 comment:

Wil said...

This is an old technique. When J. was in the hospital I spend many hours with these teabags. I still have boxes full of those papers.