Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another New Technique!! YEAH!

OK, I'm involved in another ATC swap. This one because it is an abstract technique that I haven't tried yet! Can you think of a better reason to join a swap??  HUH??? Nope, I can't.  (is that a bad sign? when I ask the question and answer it myself....all alone....in my studio....?)  Anyway, I wanted to chronicle it as it goes along.  The members of the swap got the directions but since I'm not sure how public the hostess makes her directions....I'm just going to give the basic steps as I go through them.

STEP  ONE - making the base background.

Just taking various papers and adhering them to the ATC card backing in some manner.  I chose 4 different color combinations as I get bored too easily to do all of them alike!  So, here they are in all their "nude" glory.  Later today I'll be covering them but you'll have to check back for that one!  hehehe

Abstract - Green/Brown

Abstract - Purple/Green

Abstract - Blue/Green

Abstract - Pastels


Now to go get the next layer done because it takes a bit of time to completely dry.

No comments: