Saturday, January 9, 2010

Being Creative in the Mundane

OK, so it seems this is more difficult than one might think!!! My current experience is that I'm so anxious to get back to the studio that I spend as little time on mundane tasks as possible! This doesn't lend itself to even considering how to make it creative. I just want it over and done with. Other observation -- The other option I take is to just not do the mundane task!!! LOL! And I must admit that is my most often chosen option. The most regular mundane tasks I do are cooking and cleaning up the kitchen. And it seems I put it off until I just HAVE to get a dish started and then I just want to get the meal on the table.

Now, as for cooking. Could I count planning new recipes as creative??? We've decided to try at least one new recipe each week. We being Annette and myself. We are developing quite a cookbook of things that are real hits with the family. This week we tried THREE new recipes. SOOOOOO I'm counting that as being creative.

The other cooking creative thing is making meals with what we have on hand. Cooking for 7-11 people - three of whom are under three years old - one can't afford to waste food!!

Ok, so now I've talked myself into thinking I AM being a bit creative in the mundane....at least a little bit.....................

1 comment:

Wil said...

Creating a new recipe sounds creative to me :-))